This is a simple dish to make, and is one of our family favorites. Due to the sodium content of most prepared/canned soups, we are still experimenting with coming up with our own soup recipes, which aren’t reflected in this.
· 1 pint sour cream
· 1 can Nacho or Cheddar Cheese soup
· 1 can cream of chicken soup
· 1 small (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies (use more if you like it hotter)
· 1 dozen Corn tortillas
· 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
· 1 bunch green onions, chopped
· Shredded Mexi-cheese blend
- Heat oven to 375.
- Cut tortillas into strips (about a finger’s width and then in thirds (or halves) lengthwise).
- In a bowl mix soups and sour cream.
- Spray a 9×12 baking dish with a little non-stick spray. Place a layer of tortilla strips, then a layer of the soup mixture, sprinkle chicken, chilies and onions then cheese on top. Repeat until the top of the pan. Top layer should be nothing but tortilla strips, soup mixture and cheese.
- Cover pan and place in over to bake for 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, take of cover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until tops is bubbling and slightly browned.
- Pull from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.